Don’t want to be a Bystander? Get Involved!
Want to stop bullying in your community or school? Below are a number of wonderful, world-changing organizations to contact about ways to make change in your community:
- StopBullying.gov - provides information from various government agencies on how kids, teens, young adults, parents,educators and others in the community can prevent or stop bullying.
- STRYVE – Striving to Reduce Youth Violence Everywhere - a national initiative, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which takes a public health approach to preventing youth violence before it starts.
- Bullying Prevention Resource Guide - a site maintained by The Colorado Trust, which report on the findings of Colorado’s Bullying Prevention initiative. There are some wonderful resources as to how to stop bullying in your school.
- The SHED project - a “purple ribbon” campaign, whose goal is to outwardly show bullied youth they are not alone, they are supported, and they have people they can turn to if they are being bullied or are in crisis and need help.
- Bullybust - a nationwide bully prevention awareness effort launched by NSCC in 2009, BullyBust is designed to help students and adults become “upstanders”—people who stand up to bullying and become part of the solution to end harmful harassment, teasing, and violence in our nation’s schools.
- National Bullying Prevention Center -learn about National Bullying Prevention Month, October, and sign a petition to help end bullying in schools!
- International Bullying Prevention Association - The mission of the International Bullying Prevention Association is to support and enhance quality research based bullying prevention principles and practices in order to achieve a safe school climate, healthy work environment, good citizenship and civic responsibility.
Columbia County Students: The Columbia Arts and Humanities Project is a student journalism and website initiative that highlights music, visual arts, and performing arts activities in Columbia County and provides resources and connections for students interested in pursuing a career in the arts. Check them out at and find out how you can get involved in the arts of Columbia County!
- Bully Police USA – a watchdog group that outline bullying laws, state-by-state. Know your rights!
- It Gets Better Project - a video project to encourage Bullied Teens that life gets better as you grow older.